Upper Rideau Lake Association
Annual general meeting
July 6th. 2019, 10am
North Crosby Community Centre
8th. Concession/County Road 10
Arie Hoogenboom, Mayor, Township of Rideau Lakes
Robin Jones, Mayor of the Village of Westport
Michael Yee, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
9:30am – Coffee and muffins
10:00 am – Meeting
Noon – Hot dog BBQ (free)
Everyone welcome – Come and join us
The Upper Rideau Lake Association (URLA)is a non-profit volunteer organization of seasonal and permanent residents, holiday lake users, and residents of the village of Westport, interested in promoting and protecting the natural environment of the Upper Rideau. The Association a strong voice to its members in regional bodies governing the lake and participates with other lake associations in projects and alliances.
We are involved in Water quality, Environmental Programs, Fisheries Studies, Monitoring of aquatic vegetation and exotic weed growth, Projects to address nutrient abatement and Research programs that allow us to gain a better understanding of the dynamics of the lake and the source of any pollutants. Other activities are navigational markers, Shoreline restoration, Septic field inspections and our Newsletter. For more information and to join us visit urla.ca
Latest News blog
Sign up to receive links to our latest posts in real time. Find out what is happening around the lake
You can help keep our lake beautiful and save money on exclusive member benefits
Individuals and their families who are members of the URLA receive the FOCA benefits which could save you thousands. Your membership helps keep our lake beautiful through efforts to reduce pollution.
Join or renew now. You do not need to be a lakefront property owner. Membership is open to everyone who cares about our lake. Join or renew your URLA membership online now through our partnership with FOCA: Click here.
Calendars, events, attractions, restaurants, day trips and more.
FOCA Federation of Ontario Cottage Associations acts as an information bridge between policy-makers and property owners on significant issues, including:
The long-term environmental integrity of Ontario’s freshwater resources
Fair property taxation
Effective land use planning
Risk management for volunteer groups
Rural safety and emergency preparedness in the face of extreme weather developments in recent years
Information on heritage walking tours and a selection of historical image
Ideas to keep your kids entertained and interested in nature.
Click the links below for our latest news blogs
- URLA email update - If pictures are not displaying properly click HERE. Upper Rideau Lake Association Box 67, Westport, ON, K0G 1X0 —— ————— Subscribe to our “LATEST NEWS” blog and receive an email when we post something new URLA 30th Annual general meeting 2019 July 6th. 2019, 10am North Crosby Community Centre Shillington Park, 8th. Concession/County Road 10 Westport, … Continue reading URLA email update
- Whats on in Westport - There is a new social media group with great information about what is going on in Westport. Welcome to What’s on Westport, our website dedicated to bringing you the latest information on events, businesses and community in our little village of Westport Ontario Canada. MORE Visit them using these links: Web Facebook Instagram … Continue reading Whats on in Westport
- Volunteer for a couple of hours - We are looking for volunteers on committees to run the programs people liked in our First survey summary. Please volunteer by completing this contact form.
- URLA Newsletter May. 2019 - Our Feb 2019 newsletter is available HERE For print version click HERE Articles about: New lake association group Westport social media Tree distribution Fire flies Volunteer opportunities Annual general meeting New boating page on our website Ticks and Lyme disease Burn permits Water quality Corporate sponsers Time to renew URLA membership for 2019
- Ticks and Lyme Disease - To: Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Health Care Providers From: Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health Date: March 19 2019 Subject: Ticks and Lyme Disease The 2018 tick season was much lighter than in 2017, with fewer reported cases of Lyme Disease, likely because of the dry summer. Reported cases of Lyme Disease occurred throughout … Continue reading Ticks and Lyme Disease
- Burn permits available on line - Burn permits are required for fires in The Township of Rideau Lakes which includes Upper Rideau Lake. Order burn permit on line HERE Do I need a Burn Permit? If your Open-Air Burn will be larger than a 1m X 1m X 1m (3ft) “Campfire” or “Cooking Fire”, you require a Burn Permit. If you … Continue reading Burn permits available on line
- URLA is searching for new board members - Upper Rideau Lake Association The Upper Rideau Lake Association URLA is searching for new board members. If you have an interest in organizing activities, accounting, law or ecology we would like to hear from you. The URLA is a non-profit volunteer organization of seasonal and permanent residents, holiday lake users, and residents of the village … Continue reading URLA is searching for new board members
- PAC asked to ensure water quality and shorelines. - The PAC was asked to pass the following motion at the meeting of March 27, 2019. “The Planning Advisory Committee recommends that Council instruct staff to: 1. Require all Site Plans and Site Plan Control Agreements for waterfront properties to be registered on title; 2. Ensure that all planning recommendations, Conditions, Site Plans and Site … Continue reading PAC asked to ensure water quality and shorelines.
- Water monitors are getting a new tool to tackle toxic algae in Lake Winnipeg - Every summer, Canada’s sixth-largest freshwater lake gets choked with toxic algae blooms. The blue-green algae deposits slime on Lake Winnipeg’s shores and sucks oxygen from the water, killing animal life and endangering humans with toxins that can attack the liver or nervous system. …The growth of this bacteria is fed by spikes in phosphorus in … Continue reading Water monitors are getting a new tool to tackle toxic algae in Lake Winnipeg
- All candidates meeting final report - Many good things are happening in the Township of Rideau Lakes. Here is the report on the All candidates meeting held last fall. See the full report here. …the meeting was a success and that URLA’s sponsorship of this event, the only all candidates meeting in Ward 4, was appreciated. Many of the 60 plus … Continue reading All candidates meeting final report
—— —————Social Media
Follow us and other social media around the lake.