Upper Rideau Lake Association
Box 67, Westport, ON, K0G 1X0
The Upper Rideau Lake Association (URLA)is a non-profit volunteer organization of seasonal and permanent residents, holiday lake users, and residents of the village of Westport, interested in promoting and protecting the natural environment of the Upper Rideau. The Association a strong voice to its members in regional bodies governing the lake and participates with other lake associations in projects and alliances.
We are involved in Water quality, Environmental Programs, Fisheries Studies, Monitoring of aquatic vegetation and exotic weed growth, Projects to address nutrient abatement and Research programs that allow us to gain a better understanding of the dynamics of the lake and the source of any pollutants. Other activities are navigational markers, Shoreline restoration, Septic field inspections and our Newsletter. For more information and to join us visit urla.ca
Latest News blog
Sign up to receive links to our latest posts in real time. Find out what is happening around the lake
You can help keep our lake beautiful and save money on exclusive member benefits
Individuals and their families who are members of the URLA receive the FOCA benefits which could save you thousands. Your membership helps keep our lake beautiful through efforts to reduce pollution.
Join or renew now. You do not need to be a lakefront property owner. Membership is open to everyone who cares about our lake. Join or renew your URLA membership online now through our partnership with FOCA: Click here.
Calendars, events, attractions, restaurants, day trips and more.
FOCA Federation of Ontario Cottage Associations acts as an information bridge between policy-makers and property owners on significant issues, including:
The long-term environmental integrity of Ontario’s freshwater resources
Fair property taxation
Effective land use planning
Risk management for volunteer groups
Rural safety and emergency preparedness in the face of extreme weather developments in recent years
Information on heritage walking tours and a selection of historical image
Ideas to keep your kids entertained and interested in nature.
Click the links below for our latest news blogs
- Upper Rideau Lake AGM and news update - The annual AGM of the Upper Rideau Lake Association was held on July 6 2019. Thanks to our wonderful volunteers Glen and Linda Wilcox for organizing the hot dog lunch and our 30th anniversary birthday cake. Read the minutes of the meeting 2019 AGM minutes See our latest email update of matters of interest to residents of … Continue reading Upper Rideau Lake AGM and news update
- Boating - We have added a new page to our website with information for boaters. Boaters code Boaters licence Boater Skills Boating Ontario Canadian Safe Boating Council Life Saving Society of Canada Marine Safety National Marine Manufacturing Association Ontario Sailing Association Ontario Recreational Canoe and Kayak Association Paddle Canada Save boaters guide Wakeboard and Waterski Canada Visit … Continue reading Boating
- NEW TREE PROGRAM FOR UPPER RIDEAU LAKE - “PLANT A SAPLING IN 2020!” The Upper Rideau Lake Association (URLA) is launching a new “sapling program” for 2020, to support the planting of up to 300 saplings on the shoreline/adjoining properties of Upper Rideau Lake and its watershed. This habitat restoration program will supplement the existing URLA small seedling program, by planting larger … Continue reading NEW TREE PROGRAM FOR UPPER RIDEAU LAKE
- URLA 30th Annual general meeting 2019 - July 6th. 2019, 10am North Crosby Community Centre Shillington Park, 8th. Concession/County Road 10 Westport, ON Speakers Arie Hoogenboom, Mayor, Township of Rideau Lakes Robin Jones, Mayor of the Village of Westport Michael Yee, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority 9:30am – Coffee and muffins 10:00 am – Meeting Noon – Hot dog BBQ (free) Everyone welcome – Come and join us 2018 … Continue reading URLA 30th Annual general meeting 2019
- July 2019 Newsletter - Upper Rideau Lake Association July 2019 newsletter is now available HERE Articles about: New Sapling tree planting program Resources for road associations New tool to attack toxic algae 10 cool things you never knew about fireflies Lake Protection Workbook
- Cottage Succession seminar -
- URLA email update - If pictures are not displaying properly click HERE. Upper Rideau Lake Association Box 67, Westport, ON, K0G 1X0 —— ————— Subscribe to our “LATEST NEWS” blog and receive an email when we post something new URLA 30th Annual general meeting 2019 July 6th. 2019, 10am North Crosby Community Centre Shillington Park, 8th. Concession/County Road 10 Westport, … Continue reading URLA email update
- Whats on in Westport - There is a new social media group with great information about what is going on in Westport. Welcome to What’s on Westport, our website dedicated to bringing you the latest information on events, businesses and community in our little village of Westport Ontario Canada. MORE Visit them using these links: Web Facebook Instagram … Continue reading Whats on in Westport
- Volunteer for a couple of hours - We are looking for volunteers on committees to run the programs people liked in our First survey summary. Please volunteer by completing this contact form.
- URLA Newsletter May. 2019 - Our Feb 2019 newsletter is available HERE For print version click HERE Articles about: New lake association group Westport social media Tree distribution Fire flies Volunteer opportunities Annual general meeting New boating page on our website Ticks and Lyme disease Burn permits Water quality Corporate sponsers Time to renew URLA membership for 2019
—— —————Social Media
Follow us and other social media around the lake.