Upper Rideau Lake Association
The Upper Rideau Lake Association URLA is searching for new board members. If you have an interest in organizing activities, accounting, law or ecology we would like to hear from you.
The URLA is a non-profit volunteer organization of seasonal and permanent residents, holiday lake users, and residents of the village of Westport interested in promoting and protecting the natural environment of the Upper Rideau Lake and improving our community. The Association is a strong voice for its members in regional bodies governing the lake and participates with other lake associations in projects and alliances.
Interested applicants should be prepared to attend board meetings in Westport monthly in the summer and bi-monthly in the winter in addition to the time required for their individual board functions which normally require a few hours working from home each week.
The Board will interview selected applicants and prepare a slate of candidates for election at the July 2019 Annual General Meeting. Directors serve for a minimum of one year. This is an opportunity to improve our lake community and work with other like minded individuals. Board members are expected to:
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the organization
- Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports and other documentation required to actively participate in them
- Attend meetings regularly
- Contribute skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings and committee work
- Make inquiries when clarification or more information is needed
- Understand and monitor the organization’s financial affairs
- Avoid any potential conflicts of interest
- Understand and maintain confidentiality
- Ensure the organization is complying with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Participate in developing goals for the URLA and implement them in their position.
Please email a brief resume including your address and phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org.