Upper Rideau Lake Association
Box 67, Westport, ON, K0G 1X0
The Upper Rideau Lake Association (URLA)is a non-profit volunteer organization of seasonal and permanent residents, holiday lake users, and residents of the village of Westport, interested in promoting and protecting the natural environment of the Upper Rideau. The Association a strong voice to its members in regional bodies governing the lake and participates with other lake associations in projects and alliances.
URLA 2019 Tree and Shrub program: Naturalized lake shorelines trap runoff effectively, acting as a buffer to absorb contaminants that keep lakes cleaner and also reduce algae and weed growth. Additional vegetation reduces erosion and provides better overall habitat for may fish species.
To encourage more planting along the lake, the Upper Rideau Lakes Association (URLA) with the support of the Rideau Lakes Environmental Foundation and Rideau Valley Conservation Authority, is pleased to announce a new program for property owners on Upper Rideau Lake.
The program will provide low cost potted trees and shrubs, and bareroot seedlings for planting in May, 2020. The cost for URLA Members is $3 / tree or shrub ($12 for non-members). The bareroot seedlings are FREE for URLA members. The deadline for orders has now passed. Thanks to all for your orders. Please email us for more information.
We are involved in Water quality, Environmental Programs, Fisheries Studies, Monitoring of aquatic vegetation and exotic weed growth, Projects to address nutrient abatement and Research programs that allow us to gain a better understanding of the dynamics of the lake and the source of any pollutants. Other activities are navigational markers, Shoreline restoration, Septic field inspections and our Newsletter. For more information and to join us visit urla.ca
Latest News blog
Sign up to receive links to our latest posts in real time. Find out what is happening around the lake
You can help keep our lake beautiful and save money on exclusive member benefits
Individuals and their families who are members of the URLA receive the FOCA benefits which could save you thousands. Your membership helps keep our lake beautiful through efforts to reduce pollution.
Join or renew now. You do not need to be a lakefront property owner. Membership is open to everyone who cares about our lake. Join or renew your URLA membership online now through our partnership with FOCA: Click here.
Calendars, events, attractions, restaurants, day trips and more.
FOCA Federation of Ontario Cottage Associations acts as an information bridge between policy-makers and property owners on significant issues, including:
The long-term environmental integrity of Ontario’s freshwater resources
Fair property taxation
Effective land use planning
Risk management for volunteer groups
Rural safety and emergency preparedness in the face of extreme weather developments in recent years
Information on heritage walking tours and a selection of historical image
Ideas to keep your kids entertained and interested in nature.
Click the links below for our latest news blogs
- REGISTER NOW 2021 AGM - Please register today!
- 2020 AGM Minutes - MINUTES 31st ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD VIRTUALLY Saturday, July 11th 2020 09:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Guest Speakers 11:00 a.m. to Noon – Business Meeting 1. ATTENDANCE – There were 65 participants consisting of 33 members and members of the Board of Directors, 3 invited speakers, 4 invited guests and 25 members of … Continue reading 2020 AGM Minutes
- 2021 URLA AGM AGENDA - UPPER RIDEAU LAKE ASSOCIATION 32nd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING SATURDAY, JULY 10th 2021 Zoom 10:00 AM – 12:00 NOON Annual General Meeting 1. OPENING REMARKS (President) 2. PANEL DISCUSSION – Development on the Upper Rideau Lake – 10:05 AM Sommer Casgrain-Robertson, General Manager / Secretary Treasurer, RVCA Tracy Zander, ZanderPlan Q&A session 3. Messages from our … Continue reading 2021 URLA AGM AGENDA
- URLA 2021 AGM - Register for our virtual AGM (Sat. July 10, 10:00 am) What kind of lake do you want? Now is the time to start thinking about what kind of lake we would like in the future. We are all seeing a lot of development in our region – including on the Upper Rideau. Big development issues … Continue reading URLA 2021 AGM
- New year, new possibilities. - by John McDowell, URLA President As we begin 2021, I look forward to the days starting (slowly) to lengthen. because it means that we are on the upward swing! With 2020 finally in the rearview mirror, it’s a chance for new beginnings. As you can see from the picture above, we updated our URLA signage … Continue reading New year, new possibilities.
- 2021 SEEDLING AND SAPLING PROGRAM – SOLD OUT! - PLEASE NOTE WE ARE SOLD OUT FOR THIS YEAR! Natural lake shorelines trap runoff effectively, acting as a buffer to absorb contaminants, keep lakes clean and reduce algae. To encourage planting along the lake, the URLA, with the Rideau Lakes Environmental Foundation & Rideau Valley Conservation Authority’s support, is pleased to continue the Tree and … Continue reading 2021 SEEDLING AND SAPLING PROGRAM – SOLD OUT!
- WE ALL HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY IN PROTECTING OUR LAKE - by John McDowellPresident, Upper Rideau Lakes Association As I write this, the weather has changed – cool and, today, quite rainy. There are clear signs that fall is just around the corner. FIRST VIRTUAL AGMThis has been a busy summer for our Upper Rideau Lake Association. The Board was able to organize and execute our … Continue reading WE ALL HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY IN PROTECTING OUR LAKE
- Water Quality Report – 2020 AGM - The health of Upper Rideau Lake remains fragile, as any introduction of an unnatural component into our water would set our lake back. Currently, nutrient levels (such as phosphorus) are high but not rising. Maintaining a healthy lake depends on how we as lakefront owners treat it. One of the main functions of URLA is … Continue reading Water Quality Report – 2020 AGM
- Minutes, 2019 AGM - UPPER RIDEAU LAKE ASSOCIATION 30th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Saturday, July 6TH 2019, 10:00 a.m. North Crosby Community Hall, Westport, Ontario 9.30-10.00 am Registration and coffee and muffins Between 65 and 70 members, guests, and members of the Board of Directors were present OPENING REMARKS Christine Skirth, the … Continue reading Minutes, 2019 AGM
- URLA Membership Form - Upper Rideau Lake Association Box 67, Westport, ON, K0G 1X0 Membership fees are $40 per year. You may pay your fees in one of two ways: To pay by credit card, click here to be transferred to a secure payment page run by FOCA (Federation of Ontario Cottagers Association) To pay by cheque, print and … Continue reading URLA Membership Form
—— —————Social Media
Follow us and other social media around the lake.